Friday, December 17, 2010

Canadian Tenors and so much more!

A while ago Ann asked us if we would be interested in going to the NAC (National Arts Centre) for their annual Christmas Concert, since this year the Canadian Tenors were special guests. Sure, why not! We like the NAC, tend to be there quite a bit lately (saw Nativity there last week), and it's always nice to spend a night out with friends. We were not familiar with the Canadian Tenors, but they are quite famous here and even appeared on Oprah (check here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAn3g-YfOsk). After last night, we can actually understand why they are well known. They were very impressive! Out of the four, two had really strong voices, but all of them were worth listening to. So yes, a great night out and it helped with the Christmas spirit as well.

This past Tuesday we got our first real touch of winter. Perhaps about 10 cm of snow, but the people were clearly not prepared, and everything slowed down to a crawl. I was lucky with my 45 commute to work (compared to 15). It took several people up to three hours to get to work. Nope, it's not just the Dutch that don't know what to do with that white stuff! It has been snowing now on and off all week, and we probably have about 20 cm now. I personally love the snow. It makes everything look so much brighter and lighter, and of course it makes for some nice pictures. I should post some soon.  Nolan and I went for nice walk after work today, and it's just so nice to see the lights, the snow covered grounds and soak up the fresh air. Makes you feel alive!

This week has actually been busy at work. You'd think that so close before Christmas things slow down. Well, that's what it looked like last week, but it really picked up again this week. I like to be busy, but I am also really looking forward to Christmas break! It will be nice to have some time off, do stuff around the house and finally get those last boxes unpacked!
What didn't help this week is that I was on the road all day Wednesday. First for a Christmas Forestry Seminar, which had carbon credits as theme. Very interesting, but I think they still have a long ways to go. After that I headed to Belleville for an OWA meeting. Before the meeting I had a chance to catch up with Candice, which was really nice and very much overdue! But overall it was a long day, especially since I did not get home until 11:30 at night...

Needless to say that with all this 'running' around, there was not an awful lot of time left to go running, especially in these winter conditions. But hopefully we'll be able to get out tomorrow, either running or snowshoeing, but we'll definitely hit the pavement on Sunday. I love running, but I can't wait to go snowshoeing again as well. I think we got out only once or twice last year due to a lack of snow. However, that made it a great winter for running. Hopefully, this year we can do lots of both!

One more week before Christmas. Craze how quickly time if flying by! And so close to the end of the year as well. I'm thinking of doing a quick overview of 2010, but that will be after Christmas. 2010 is not over yet, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment